What you need to know about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2
Oracle introduced JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Release 9.2 in October 2015. It provides transformational business capabilities for customers to address the demands of the digital economy. Innovations and enhancements include capabilities for strategic business transformation, mobility, and real-time insights.
Below is a summary of the highlights of EnterpriseOne 9.2. For a more detailed look please check out this post from Quest, the US JD Edwards User Group
Industry Business Processes
- Advanced Job Forecasting - delivers key capabilities for project-focused industries, such as engineering and construction to prevent project cost overruns due to lack of detail forecast visibility and to provide more accurate cash flow management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Outbound Inventory Management - optimizes inventory performance and significantly reduces the business complexity for suppliers in the consumer goods, manufacturing and distribution industries providing vendor-managed or consignment inventory services for their customers.
- IoT Pre-built orchestrations – reduce implementation time with these useful and informative orchestration models.
Technology and User Experience
- Page Composer – provides a simple, intuitive interface that empowers business analysts and users to create their own EnterpriseOne Pages.
- Active Content Pages empower industry users via a modern “Alert-Analyze-Act” User Experience JD Edwards provides a modern dynamic user experience utilizing industry-specific personas and roles based on an “Alert-Analyze-Act” paradigm.
- User Defined Objects – a simple and standardized process to manage user personalizations.
- Simplified Upgrade Process – significantly reduces the cost of upgrading for customers on Release 9.1 or 9.0 Update 2 by identifying and replacing only the objects as delivered by Oracle.
- Customization Workbench – For JD Edwards EnterpriseOne customers who retrofit customizations as part of an EnterpriseOne applications upgrade or ESU update, the Customization Workbench is an upgrade simplification solution that groups detected customized objects together in a simplified user interface for easier management.
- With Tools 9.2, JD Edwards has removed the 10 character restriction for user ID and password to support more robust security authentication processes.
- New REST Services are available for use with the JD Application Interfaces Server (AIS) to allow retrieval of data directly against business views and tables. This direct access simplifies the retrieval of specific values from a table or of data for other processing in the orchestration.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) Orchestrator Studio is built for the business analyst—not the programmer—to design and deploy orchestrations.
- Oracle Cloud Marketplace – Oracle recently announced the availability of two EnterpriseOne offerings on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- The EnterpriseOne Trial Edition is a single all-in-one image that can be provisioned in an hour without additional hardware capital cost. The Trial Edition enables customers to explore new functionality in EnterpriseOne 9.2, such as new industry modules, One View Financial Statements, Internet of Things Orchestrator, as well as mobile applications and user experience enhancements.
- The Development and Test offering provides automated provisioning of a multi-tier environment for EnterpriseOne.